Thursday, March 4, 2010

Go to Berlin

I know I don't have money to plan a trip to Berlin. I know I am already thinking about travelling to Spain in August for 2 weeks and missing work. I know the University of Manchester is asking for more money than I consider making in a whole year. And I know there are other members of my family that have financial needs just as important as my wish to go to England. But...

But I never saw things from this type of perspective. Be moderate, know your (financial) limits and be realistic: you need a proper pair of shoes or proper food every day more than you need a trip to a concert. This is not how I function and this is not how anybody should function. We should all indulge in those things that make us happier than anything else. It's just amazing how people that I never met can make me feel this way. And I know there are those of you who understand the thrill of a live concert. Those who don't overthink it and let themselves be happy.

This is why on the 21st of May I'll be in Berlin, watching Snow Patrol live. I know I want it so badly and the mere thought of this concert made me feel exhilarated. I was in a fantastic mood all day and even just that proves that I should go to Berlin.

Most of all, I will do what I've been waiting for since about a year ago: see this perfect little song live...



No comments:

Post a Comment